Sunday, April 10, 2005

Election reflection #1

It's a Sunday, and it's bright and sunny, but cold in the shade. Why am I writing this instead of getting out there? Well, because I need to get this off my chest. There's an election coming. My question to anyone who might care to bother reading this is this: Despite everything; despite the war on Iraq, despite the creeping totalitarianism of the identity card and the detentions without trial, despite the errors over intelligence about WMD, despite all of that, do we really want the Tories back in? The bunch that made the first 18 years of my adult life a misery? The bunch that destroyed our manufacturing industry and sold off state assets for a quick buck? the bunch that were responsible for interest rates of 14%? the poll tax? Lord Archer and Lady Thatcher and the rest of the sorry sleazy bunch? Well, I don't. So, get out there on May the 5th and keep 'em out.

That's it - off my high horse now. Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home